Part 1 Listening (第一部分 听力）
I. Listening Comprehension. (听力理解) (共30分)
A. Listen and choose the right picture（根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片）（6分）
B) History. B) A fruit salad. B) Surprised. B) Play football.
C) English. C) A hot-dog. C) Excited.
C) Go to the cinema.
7. A) Chemistry. 8. A) A hamburger. 9. A) Tired.
D) Maths. D) A sandwich. D) Frightened.
D) Read a book.
10. A) Watch TV.
11. A) Fifteen minutes’ walk.
C) Fifty minutes’ walk.
B) Fifteen minutes’ bus ride. D) Fifty minutes’ bus ride.
B) Friday. B) Computers. B) At the airport.
C) Saturday. C) Parents. C) In the theatre.
D) Sunday. D) Jobs. D) In the hotel.
12. A) Thursday. 13. A) Trips. 14. A) At the beach.
C. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断下
15. My aunt and uncle sent me a bottle of honey as a birthday present last year.
16. The smell of my hair attracted lots of bees when I went outside.
17. I jumped into my neighbour’s swimming pool to stay away from the bees.
18. When I climbed out of the pool, the bees were still flying around.
19. My aunt and uncle wrote me a letter and apologized to me.
20. This is a story about my unforgettable birthday present.
D. Listen to the passage and complete the following sentences（听短文，完成下列内容。每空格限填一词）（10分）
21. Dan Carter lives in London and works as __________ __________ there.
22. Dan and I stay in touch __________ __________ and sometimes we call each other.
23. When I __________ __________ or when I need to talk to somebody, I can always call Dan.
24. Dan is always __________ __________ everything and he never says sorry.
25. One day, we arranged to meet __________ __________ to play football, but Dan didn’t come on time.
Part 2 Phonetics, Grammar and Vocabulary
II. Choose the best answer（选择最恰当的答案）（共20分）
26. Garden School is very famous and it’s Mary’s underlined word?
A) am B) /fi:st / B) His B) with B) in B) is C) /fri:st / C) Him D) /frist / D) Himself 27. Do you see that good-looking young man? ____________ is a famous Korean film star. 28. More and more people in Shanghai choose to go to work__________ underground. C) by D) for C) at D) with C) are D) be 29. Students are encouraged to share their learning experience__________ their classmates. 30. The traffic is moving very slowly as so many cars ______________ on their way back to Shanghai.
31. — _________ can you finish the report on food safety?
— In two days.
A) How far
C) most serious
B) How much C) How often D) How soon B) All C) None B) more serious D) the most serious D) Neither 32. Old Mr. Black lives happily with his three dogs. ____________ of them are part of his family. 33. Air pollution has become__________ than ever before. We must do something to stop it.
34. _____ carefully, Michael! There’s a school ahead.
A) can B) To drive B) may C) Drove C) must D) Driving D) ought 35. All passengers ___________ go through safety check before they take a plane.
36. — Would you like to go to the cartoon show with me?
— It sounds like fun, __________ I’m too busy.
C) will pick
A) will stay
C) would stay
A) Me, too.
C) Sure. I will.
A) That’s right. B) Of course not.
C) You’re welcome. D) The same to you.
B) Well done. D) That's all right. B) to open B) to have B) has stayed D) had stayed C) opened C) have D) opening D) had B) for B) since B) comes B) What a C) or C) because C) would come C) What an B) are picking D) were picking D) but D) if D) will come D) How 37. John didn’t give up looking for a job __________ he got an offer from a German company. 38. Aunt Lucy will tell us something about her trip to Australia when she _______________ back. 39. The robot can help me sweep the floor. ___________ smart invention it is! 40. Susan and Lily __________ tomatoes and other vegetables on the farm this time yesterday. 41. By the end of last week, she _____________ in the west of China for two months helping the homeless 42. Harry has decided __________ an online shop after graduating from school. 43. I wouldn’t mind ___________ a roommate. We can help each other and save money as well. 44. — Remember to print on both sides of the paper. 45. — I was just in time to get there for the meeting. Thank you for lending me the bike.
III. Complete the following passage with the words or phrase in the box. Each can only be used once（将下列单词或词组填入空格。每空格限填一词，每词只能填一次）（共8分）
about many things, for example, wearing makeup(化妆) and talking on the phone. One time, before a big friends on the phone, my mum always shouted to tell me to hang up, and the person I was talking to could
about history, politics, and the world. I didn’t have the time or patience for long phone conversations. I stopped caring so much about things like makeup. I once went to a party with no makeup on, but I felt fine. She is an amazing person. I know that now.
IV. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms（用括号中所给单词的恰当形式完成下列句子。每空格限填一词）（共8分）
54. Don’t be afraid of making __________. They help you learn. (mistake)
55. The medicine should be taken ___________ a day after meals, George. (two)
56. I plan to enter for a summer camp with a friend of _____________ . (me)
57. I am not satisfied with the service here. I want to speak to the ______________ . (manage)
58. The boy moved__________ into the hall as the concert had already begun. (quiet)
59. The soldier saved the boy from the flood with a piece of ___________. (wooden)
60. Shops are not allowed to __________cigarettes to anyone under the age of 18. (sale)
61. Many people enjoy reading e-books, but I__________ it as it’s bad for the eyes. (like)
V. Complete the following sentences as required（根据所给要求完成句子。62-67小题每空格限填一词）（共14分）
62. Ben has finished the project on reusing natural resources. (改成否定句)
Ben __________ __________the project on reusing natural resources.
__________ __________will Amy study in an international language school?
64. I was surprised to see my sister’s photograph on a magazine cover. (保持句意基本不变)
__________my__________, I saw my sister’s photograph on a magazine cover.
65. The girl wondered where she would meet her friends the next morning. (改为简单句)
The girl wondered__________ __________meet her friends the next morning.
66. Sometimes we use smart phones to take pictures instead of cameras. (改为被动语态)
Sometimes smart phones__________ __________ to take pictures instead of cameras.
67. John asked, ―Can you look after my pet dog while I’m away?‖ (合成宾语从句)
John asked __________I __________look after his pet dog while he was away.
68. doing, the students, in the lab, an experiment, are (连词成句)
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部分 读写)
69. The underlined word ―
A.dog B) bite C) event D) job
70. Sally has done the following jobs EXCEPT __________.
A)picking fruit in Spain
B)working for a rich family
C)looking after sick animals
D)cooking in an Italian restaurant
71. After reading his first bad review in the newspaper, Leo __________.
A) wrote more reviews B) replied to every review
C) gave up his job as an actor D) stopped reading any of his reviews
72. What does Leo think of being an actor?
A) It’s hard to make a living. B) It’s helpful to read his reviews.
C) It’s easy to make lots of money. D) It’s fun to have different experiences.
73. What did Leo hate most when working at an egg-packing factory?
A) No breaks. B) Standing for too long.
C) The bad smell. D) Putting eggs into boxes.
74. The best title of the passage might be __________.
A) An Animal Doctor B) Terrible Job Experiences
C) How to Find a Part-time Job D) Reviews of Sally and Leo
B. Choose the best words and complete the passage (选择最恰当的单词完成短文)（12分）
We wish that we could be better at sports or more attractive. We wish we had nicer clothes or more money. Everyone likes to feel that lie or she is special.____75____ , many of us grow up believing that we’re not special at all. We believe we are not good enough just as we are.
Most parents want us to be the best we can be. Very often, they____76____us to others. By doing this, they try to encourage us to do better. They mean well, but the message we often get is that we’re not good enough. We begin to believe that the only way we can be special is by being better than someone else, but we are often____77____ .There will always be someone out there who is better than we are at something. Plenty of people around may not be as smart as we are, but they are better at sports. Or they may not be as good-looking, but they have more money. It is ____78____ for us to be better than everyone else all the time.
We all want the things that we believe will make us better people. But very often we don’t realize that we already have____79____us the very things that we want. These things make us different from others. When we are growing up, ____80____sometimes forget to tell us that we are special, that we are good enough. Maybe no one told them when they were growing up. Anyway, it’s up to us to remind them from time to time that each of us, in our own way, is special. What we are is enough.
76. A) Again A) describe B) Next B) compare C) Besides C) introduce D) However D) prefer
80. A) lonely A) helpful A) inside A) friends B) forgetful B) impossible B) among B) scientists C) disappointed C) necessary C) around C) parents D) nervous D) unfair D) for D) doctors
C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words(在短文的空格内填入适当的词，使其内容通顺。每空格限填写一词，首字母已给出) （14分）
A school newspaper The Teens asked over one thousand teenagers how they spent their spare time. Here of the survey. It’s not at all surprising to learn that most teens said
they wanted more free time. Most have less than an hour a day for after-school activities. six hours a week. Favourite sports among girls were tennis, basketball and swimming. Boys
said they liked football, basketball and skating.
Speaking of entertainment, music and TV were popular. About half of those surveyed music. TV was also very popular. Three quarters said they preferred watching TV to reading a book or magazine.
Unexpectedly, as many as three out of ten teenagers mentioned that collecting things was something to stickers, toys and coins. telephone. Everyone we surveyed said they spoke to friends every day. Most said they spoke about twenty went to the dance regularly.
D. Answer the questions (根据短文内容回答问题) (12 分)
Chris is not a traditional explorer（探险者）- he usually works in an office for a large organization. Yet his job can sometimes be just as exciting and dangerous as being an explorer.
Chris works for MSF, an organization also known as Doctors Without Borders (无国界医生). MSF sends trained doctors all over the world to help people after a war or a disaster. Chris is a doctor from France who has travelled to many places to organize programmes that help people.
At the moment, there are over 27,000 trained medical staff taking part in MSF projects and tasks. The organization received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999. All kinds of doctors can volunteer for MSF. They need to be prepared to go almost anywhere in the world and, of course, they should expect difficult conditions. Doctors with experience in tropical（热带的）diseases are especially useful because most of MSF’s work is in Africa. When MSF accepts a doctor for a task, he has to go for at least six months. When doctors have completed a few tasks, they might be sent on an emergency task following a disaster, such as an earthquake.
But why would a doctor leave a comfortable life and a good salary to join MSF? According to Chris, the
experience you gain is a great help in your career. Besides, just like the explorers of the past, you need to keep an open mind and learn to mix well with the people you meet. Most importantly, at the end of each task, you have made a real difference to people’s lives.
88. Does Chris work for a large organization?
89. When does MSF send trained doctors all over the world to help people?
90. How many medical staff are taking part in MSF projects and tasks?
91. What kind of doctors are greatly needed in Africa?
92. According to Chris, why is his work important to other people?
93. Why is an MSF doctor’s job exciting and dangerous?
VII. Writing (作文) (共20分)
94. Write at least 60 words about the topic “This time next year“ (以“明年此时”为题，写一篇不少于60个词的短文，标点符号不占格)
The following sentence patterns are for reference only. ( 以下句型仅供参考)
I hope to /I hope that... Perhaps I will... ? It will be exciting / necessary / terrible to ...
I. A. 1. G
B. 7. C
C. 15. F 2. A 8. D 16.T 3. H 9. A 17.T
4.B 10. C 18. F 5. E 11. A 19. F 6. D 12. B 20.T 23. feel sad 13. D 14. B D. 21. A teacher 24. late for 22. by email/ by e-mail 25.at 7:00/at seven
II. 26. A 27. A 28. C 29. D 30. C 31. D 32. B 33. B 34. A 35. C
36. D 37. A 38. B 39. B 40. D 41. D 42. B 43. A 44. C 45. C
III. 46. D 47. C 48. B 49. A 50. B 51. A 52. D 53. E
IV. 54. mistake
59. wood 55. twice 60. sell 56. mine 61. dislike
64. To, surprise 65. where to 57. manager 58. quietly V. 62. hasn’t finished
66. are used
VI. A. 69. A
B.75. D 63. How long 67. if/whether, could 67. The students are doing an experiment in the lab. 70. D 71. D 72. A 73. C 74. B 76. B 77. C 78. B 79. A 80. C
82. Physical 83. included 84. various 85. Visiting C.81. result(s)
86. Another 87. seldom
D. 88. Yes(, he does).
92. After a war or a disaster. Over 27,000. Doctors with experience in tropical diseases. Because at the end of each task he has made a real difference to people’s lives. / Because his job makes a difference to people’s lives.
93. (It is exciting) because you may travel to many places and help people in need. (It is dangerous) because you may work in difficult conditions.
(Any reasonable answer is acceptable.)
1. Lily practices playing the piano for two hours a day.
2. Be careful when you ride a horse, Jack.
3. Playing games with your family is great fun, isn't it?
4. Peter is helping his mom water the flowers.
5. Is it necessary to visit the dentist once a year?
6. It started to rain when we were camping.
B. 根据你听到的对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案, 在答题纸上填涂相应的字母代号，对话和问题都念两遍。
7. M: Mom, this is my school report.
W: Oh, let me see. You got good marks for chemistry again, and I see progress in English.
Q: In which subject did the boy make progress?
8. W: I'd like a hamburger and a food salad, please.
M: Oh, I am sorry they are sold out. Would you like a sandwich instead? W: OK.
Q: What will the woman buy?
9. M: Susan, you are a superstar now, how do you feel?
W: Very tired, actually I never really wanted to become a star. I enjoy singing, but now it has become more of a job.
Q: How does Susan feel about being famous?
10. W: There's nothing on TV, there are football games on every channel. M: Why don't we go to the cinema?
W: That's a good idea. Let's book the tickets right now.
Q: What are they going to do?
11. W: Excuse me, is the Children's Museum near here?
M: Yes, you may walk there. It's about fifteen minutes from here, near a bus stop. Q: How far is the Children's Museum?
12. W: David, I'd like to invite you to my party tomorrow, Can you come? M: Oh, Saturday evening, I am afraid I can't.
Q: what day is it today?
13. M: What kind of job do you want, Joey?
W: I wanted a job that lets me travel. What about you?
M: My parents want me to be a computer scientist, but I want to be a pilot. Q: What are they talking about?
14. W: Boarding time! Thank you so much for seeming me off!
M: We wish you a very safe flight.
Q: Where does the dialogue most probably take place?
My aunt and uncle sent me an unforgettable birthday present from their trip to Hong Kong last year. It was a big bottle of shampoo. At first I thought it was great. It smelt good like followers and honey. And it did great job of cleaning my hair. But as soon as I went outside. A bee started to follow me. Then another bee joined in. Very soon, a large number of bees were flying after me around the garden. The bees liked the smell of my shampoo. I ran and jumped into my neighbor's swimming pool. I stayed under water as long as I could. When I climbed out of the pool, I quickly looked around. The bees were gone. I ran straight home hoping that there were no more bees waiting for me nearby. That night I called my neighbor and apologized for jumping into his pool. Then I wrote my aunt and uncle a nice thank-you letter. But I never use that shampoo again.
Dan Carter is my best friend. We met when we were five years old. Because our parents were friends and we went to the same school. He lives in London now. He works as a teacher at the international school there, so I only see him in the summer when he comes home to visit his family. Of course, we stay in touch by e-mail and sometimes we call each other. He is important to me because he knows me so well. When I feel sad or when I need to talk to somebody, I can always call him. Recently, I had friend problems and he made me feel better. He's a really good listener. He just lets you talk and he listens. But he isn't perfect. He's always late for everything and he never says sorry, never! One day last summer, we arranged to meet at seven to play football, but he didn't come on time. He arrived at half past nine, it was nearly dark! Oh well, nobody is perfect, are they? Last time I saw him at Christmas, we had a great time! We always have a great time!