答题纸上完成，做在试卷上不给分。 Part 1 Listening (第一部分 听力）
I. Listening Comprehension.(听力理解) (共30分)
A. Listen and choose the right picture（根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片）（6分）
1、＿＿＿ 2、＿＿＿ 3、＿＿＿ 4、＿＿＿ 5、＿＿＿ 6、＿＿＿
7. E A) Chemistry. 8. A) A hamburger. 9. A) Tired. 10. A) Watch TV.
D) Read a book.
B) History. B) A fruit salad. B) Surprised. B) Play football.
C) English. C) A hot-dog. C) Excited. C)
D) Maths. D) A sandwich. D) Frightened.
11. A) Fifteen minutes’walk.
C) Fifty minutes’ walk.
12. A) Thursday. B) Friday. C) Saturday.
B) Fifteen minutes’ bus ride. D) Fifty minutes’ bus ride. D) Sunday. D) Jobs. C) In the theatre.
13. A) Trips. B) Computers. C) Parents. 14. A) At the beach.
B) At the airport.
C. Listento thepassage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断下列句子是否符合你听到的短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合
15. My aunt and uncle sent me a bottle of honey as a birthday present last year.
16. The smell of my hair attracted lots of bees when I went outside.
17. I jumped into my neighbour’s swimming pool to stay away from the
18. When I climbed out of the pool, the bees were still flying around. 19. My aunt and uncle wrote me a letter and apologized to me.
20. This is a story about my unforgettable birthday present.
D. Listen to the passage and complete the following sentences（听短文，完成下列内容。每空格限填一词）（10分）
21. Dan Carter lives in London and works as __________ __________ there.
22. Dan and I stay in touch __________ __________ and sometimes we call each other.
23. When I __________ __________ or when I need to talk to somebody, I can always call Dan.
24. Dan is always __________ __________ everything and he never says sorry.
25. One day, we arranged to meet __________ __________ to play football, but Dan didn’t come on time.
II. Choose the best answer（选择最恰当的答案）（共20分）
26. Garden School is very famous and it’s Mary’s correct for the underlined word?
A)/f??st/ B) /fi:st / C) /fri:st / D) /frist /
27. Do you see that good-looking young man? ____________ is a famous Korean film star.
A) He B) His C) Him D) Himself
28. More and more people in Shanghai choose to go to work__________ underground.
A) in B) with C) by D) for
29. Students are encouraged to share their learning experience__________ their
A) to B) in C) at D) with
30. The traffic is moving very slowly as so many cars _____________ on their way back to
A) am B) is C) are
31. — _________ can you finish the report on food safety?
— In two days.
A) How far B) How much
B) C) How often D) How soon
32. Old Mr. Black lives happily with his three dogs. ___________ of them are part of his family.
A) Both B) All C) None D) Neither
33. Air pollution has become__________ than ever before. We must do something to stop it.
C) most serious B) more serious D) the most serious
34. _____ carefully, Michael! There’s a school ahead.
A) Drive B) To drive C) Drove D) Driving
35. All passengers __________ go through safety check before they take a plane.
A) can B) may C) must D) ought
36. — Would you like to go to the cartoon show with me?
— It sounds like fun, __________ I’m too busy.
A) so B) for C) or D) but
37. John didn’t give up looking for a job __________ he got an offer from a German company.
A) until B) since C) because D) if
38. Aunt Lucy will tell us something about her trip to Australia when she
A) came B) comes C) would come D) will come
39. The robot can help me sweep the floor. __________ smart invention it is!
A) What B) What a C) What an D) How
40. Susan and Lily ___________ tomatoes and other vegetables on the farm this time yesterday.
C) will pick B) are picking D) were picking
41. By the end of last week, she ____________ in the west of China for two months helping the homeless children.
A) will stay B) has stayed
C) would stay D)had stayed
42. Harry has decided __________ an online shop after graduating from school.
A) open B) to open C) opened D) opening
43. I wouldn’t mind ___________ a roommate. We can help each other and save money as well.
A) having B) to have C) have D) had
44. — Remember to print on both sides of the paper.
A) Me, too.
C) Sure. I will. B) Well done. D) That's all right.
45. — I was just in time to get there for the meeting. Thank you for lending me the bike. — __________.
A) That’s right. B) Of course not.
C) You’re welcome. D) The same to you.
III. Complete the following passage with the words or phrase in the box. Each can only be used once（将下列单词或词组填入空格。每空格限填一词，每词只能填一次）（共8分）
My relationship with my mother changed after I went to college. When I was at home, about many things, for example, wearing makeup(化妆) and talking on the phone. One time, before a big party, she to let me leave the house. She thought my makeup was too heavy. I had to wash my face before I went to the party. I was the only girl always shouted to tell always made me upset.
. I met new people. I started learning about history, politics, and the world. I didn’t have the time or patience for long phone
conversations. I stopped caring so much about things like makeup. I once went to a party with
my mother. Now, I talk to my mother almost every day. We get along quite well. We go to and read the same books. I tell her about my problems and she gives me Last month, my mother helped me through a bad time. She is an amazing person. I know that now.
IV. Complete the sentences with the given words intheir proper forms（用括号中所给单词的恰当形式完成下列句子。每空格限填一词）（共8分）
54. Don’t be afraid of making __________. They help you learn. (mistake)
55. The medicine should be taken ___________ a day after meals, George. (two)
56. I plan to enter for a summer camp with a friend of _____________ . (me)
57. I am not satisfied with the service here. I want to speak to the ______________ . (manage)
58. The boy moved__________ into the hall as the concert had already begun. (quiet)
59. The soldier saved the boy from the flood with a piece of ___________. (wooden)
60. Shops are not allowed to __________cigarettes to anyone under the age of 18. (sale)
61. Many people enjoy reading e-books, but I__________ it as it’s bad for the eyes. (like)
V. Complete the following sentences as required（根据所给要求完成句子。62-67小题每空格限填一词）（共14分）
62. Ben has finished the project on reusing natural resources. (改成否定句)
Ben __________ __________the project on reusing natural resources.
提问) _____________ __________ __________will Amy study in an international
64. I was surprised to see my sister’s photograph on a magazine cover. (保持句意基本不
变) _____ ___________ __________my__________, I saw my sister’s photograph
on a magazine cover.
65. The girl wondered where she would meet her friends the next morning. (改为简单句)
The girl wondered__________ __________meet her friends the next morning.
66. Sometimes we use smart phones to take pictures instead of cameras. (改为被动语态)
Sometimes smart phones__________ __________ to take pictures instead of
67. John asked, ―Can you look after my pet dog while I’m away?‖ (合成宾语从句)
John asked __________I __________look after his pet dog while he was away.
68. doing, the students, in the lab, an experiment, are (连词成句)
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部分 读写)
69. The underlined word ―‖ refers to ―__________‖.
A.dog B) bite C) event D) job
70. Sally has done the following jobs EXCEPT __________.
A)picking fruit in Spain
B)working for a rich family
C)looking after sick animals
D)cooking in an Italian restaurant
71. After reading his first bad review in the newspaper, Leo __________.
A) wrote more reviews B) replied to every review
C) gave up his job as an actor D) stopped reading any of his reviews
72. What does Leo think of being an actor?
A) It’s hard to make a living. B) It’s helpful to read his reviews.
C) It’s easy to make lots of money. D) It’s fun to have different experiences.
73. What did Leo hate most when working at an egg-packing factory?
A) No breaks. B) Standing for too long.
C) The bad smell. D) Putting eggs into boxes.
74. The best title of the passage might be __________.
A) An Animal Doctor B) Terrible Job Experiences
C) How to Find a Part-time Job D) Reviews of Sally and Leo
B. Choose thebest words andcompletethepassage (选择最恰当的单词完成短文)（12分）
We wish that we could be better at sports or more attractive. We wish we had nicer clothes believing that we’re not special at all. We believe we are not good enough just as we are. doing this, they try to encourage us to do better. They mean well, but the message we often get is that we’re not good enough. We begin to believe that the only way we can be special is by being who is better than we are at something. Plenty of people around may not be as smart as we are, but they are better at sports. Or they may not be as good-looking, but they have more money. It is We all want the things that we believe will make us better people. But very often we don’t realize that we already have____79____us the very things that we want. These things make us different from others. When we are growing up, ____80____sometimes forget to tell us that we are special, that we are good enough. Maybe no one told them when they were growing up. Anyway, it’s up to us to remind them from time to time that each of us, in our own way, is special. What we are is enough.
75. A) Again B) Next C) Besides D) However
76. 77. 78. 79 80.
A) describe A) lonely A) helpful A) inside A) friends
B) compare B) forgetful B) impossible B) among B) scientists
C) introduce C) disappointed C) necessary C) around C) parents
D) prefer D) nervous D) unfair
D) for D) doctors
C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words(在短文的空格内填入适当的词，使其内容通顺。每空格限填写一词，首字母已给出) （14分）
A school newspaper The Teens asked over one thousand teenagers how they all surprising to learn that most teens said they wanted more free time. Most have less than an hour a day for after-school activities.
activity was popular among both girls and boys, averaging
between three to six hours a week. Favourite sports among girls were tennis, basketball and swimming. Boys said they liked football, basketball and skating.
Speaking of entertainment, music and TV were popular. About half of those surveyed said both listening to and playing music. TV was also very popular. Three quarters said they preferred watching TV to reading a book or magazine.
Unexpectedly, as many as three out of ten teenagers mentioned that collecting things was collections from cartoon books and baseball cards to stickers, toys and coins.
friends was also popular. Eight out of ten teenagers said they met friends once a week. Nine out of ten said they contacted friends through the Internet. popular way of contacting friends was the telephone. Everyone we surveyed said they spoke to friends every day. Most said they spoke about twenty minutes a day. Surprisingly, teenagers went dancing, especially girls. Only one out of ten said they went to the dance regularly.
D. Answer the questions (根据短文内容回答问题)
Chris is not a traditional explorer（探险者）- he usually works in an office for a large organization. Yet his job can sometimes be just as exciting and dangerous as being an explorer.
Chris works for MSF, an organization also known as Doctors Without Borders (无国界医生). MSF sends trained doctors all over the world to help people after a war or a disaster. Chris is a doctor from France who has travelled to many places to organize programmes that help people.
At the moment, there are over 27,000 trained medical staff taking part in MSF projects and tasks. The organization received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999. All kinds of doctors can volunteer for MSF. They need to be prepared to go almost anywhere in the world and, of course, they should expect difficult conditions. Doctors with experience in tropical（热带的）diseases are especially useful because most of MSF’s work is in Africa. When MSF accepts a doctor for a task, he has to go for at least six months. When doctors have completed a few tasks, they might be sent on an emergency task following a disaster, such as an earthquake.
But why would a doctor leave a comfortable life and a good salary to join MSF? According to Chris, the experience you gain is a great help in your career. Besides, just like the explorers of the past, you need to keep an open mind and learn to mix well with the people you meet. Most importantly, at the end of each task, you have made a real difference to people’s lives.
88. Does Chris work for a large organization?
89. When does MSF send trained doctors all over the world to help people?
90. How many medical staff are taking part in MSF projects and tasks?
91. What kind of doctors are greatly needed in Africa?
92. According to Chris, why is his work important to other people?
93. Why is an MSF doctor’s job exciting and dangerous?
VII. Writing (作文) (共20分)
94. Write at least 60 words about the topic “This time next year“ (以“明年此时”为题，写一篇不少于60个词的短文，标点符号不占格)
The following sentence patterns are for reference only. ( 以下句型仅供参考)
? I hope to /I hope that... Perhaps I will... ? It will be exciting / necessary / terrible to ...
I. A. 1. G 2. A 3. H 4.B 5. E 6. D
B. 7. C 8. D 9. A 10. C 11. A 12. B 13. D 14. B
C. 15. F 16.T 17.T 18. F 19. F 20.T
D. 21. A teacher 22. by email/ by e-mail 23. feel sad
24. late for 25.at 7:00/at seven
II. 26. A 27. A 28. C 29. D 30. C 31. D 32. B 33. B 34. A 35. C
36. D 37. A 38. B 39. B 40. D 41. D 42. B 43. A 44. C 45. C
III. 46. D 47. C 48. B 49. A 50. B 51. A 52. D 53. E
IV. 54. mistakes 55. twice 56. mine 57. manager 58. quietly
59. wood 60. sell 61. dislike
V. 62. hasn’t finished 63. How long 64. To, surprise 65. where to
66.are used 67. if/whether, could
66. The students are doing an experiment in the lab.
VI. A. 69. A 70. D 71. D 72. A 73. C 74. B
B.75. D 76. B 77. C 78. B 79. A 80. C
C.81. result(s) 82. Physical 83. included 84. various 85. Visiting
86. Another 87. seldom
D. 88. Yes(, he does).
89. After a war or a disaster.
90. Over 27,000.
91. Doctors with experience in tropical diseases.
92. Because at the end of each task he has made a real difference to people’s lives.
/ Because his job makes a difference to people’s lives.
93. (It is exciting) because you may travel to many places and help people in need.
(It is dangerous) because you may work in difficult conditions.
(Any reasonable answer is acceptable.)